Hüffermann Krandienst GmbH took delivery of a Liebherr LTM 1500-8.1 mobile crane in May. The 500-ton machine represents a major expansion upwards into a higher load capacity range for the fleet of the north German company. The new crane was ordered with a complete set of equipment to make it suitable for a very wide range of jobs. Managing Director Daniel Janssen is a very satisfied Liebherr customer: The main plus points for Liebherr includes its outstanding service and good availability of spare parts.
A little over one year ago, Hüffermann invested in an LTM 1350-6.1 mobile crane to expand its fleet into a higher load capacity range. As a result of the rising number of inquiries for an even larger machine, the company decided now to purchase a new flagship. The new LTM 1500-8.1 is primarily planned for use in north Germany, but will also be used throughout the country.
Hüffermann orders the new crane with a 50-metre telescopic boom, Y-guying and a 91-metre luffing lattice jib. “Its complete set of equipment makes the crane flexible enough for use for a very wide range of jobs”, says Carsten Meyer, Large Crane Dispatcher at Hüffermann. “The LTM 1500-8.1 is just the right size for our requirements. It can also be made ready for use quickly and has good set-up times for a crane of this class.” The work planned for the crane include re-powering and tower erection in the wind industry, hoisting work in gas and petrochemical refineries, bridge building and infrastructure projects.
Hüffermann has a fleet consisting of 35 mobile cranes, all of which bear the Liebherr brand. Daniel Janssen, Managing Director of the company gives the reasons behind the company’s philosophy: “The whole package from Liebherr is right. We receive outstanding service and the availability of spare parts is good. Another factor is that all the cranes have a uniform control. I can use all our drivers on any of the cranes since they are all controlled the same way.
Third-generation Rolf Hüffermann and Daniel Janssen are now head up Hüffermann. The company was founded in 1913 in Wildeshausen and has three other sites in Vechta, Cloppenburg and Bremen.